Menu Close

Japanese Income Tax Documents

Japanese income taxes are similar to US income taxes, but workers generally get a receipt for withholding taxes, called a Gensen Choushuu (源泉徴収). Generally, workers will get this from their employers in March to use for their income tax calculations, as the receipt contains the amount of income and amount of tax paid for the previous year.

Here is an explanation of the tax receipt:

Gensen Choshuu explanation (English) Gensen Choshuu explanation (Japanese)

Here is another explanation from Tsurumi Ward, including explanations for some other useful tax documents:

Gensen Choshuu explanation (Tsurumi Ward)
Other tax documents (Tsurumi Ward)
Tax FAQ (Tsurumi Ward) Tax FAQ (Tsurumi Ward)